We can evaluate your individual risk factors and customize a Dry Mouth Management Protocol for you. Once you have your protocol, it is up to you to carry out its important steps on your own.
Here are some things you can do at home:
- Apply special water-based lubricants to protect your teeth and tissues.
- Use sugar free mints or chewing gum to stimulate salivary flow.
- Use a humidifier while sleeping to prevent your mouth from drying out.
- Use oral medication to stimulate salivary flow.
- Learn more about the intake of caffeine and alcohol as well as the intake of water and other re-hydrating fluids.