The first step in addressing tooth wear is to have your dentist evaluate your individual risk factors and customize an appropriate management protocol for you. Your tooth wear management protocol may include:
- Diagnosing and managing chronic dry mouth.
- Diagnosing and treating conditions related to chronic vomiting and GERD.
- Customized dietary counseling.
- Diagnosing and treating an unbalanced bite.
- Making a mouthguard to protect your teeth from grinding.
- Mineral applications to your teeth such as fluoride to harden the notched surfaces.
- Customized home dental care instruction.