With the many recent advancements in oral health technology, you might not have to accept sensitive teeth as a fact of life. There are a number of options for treatment of sensitive teeth:
- Brush and floss your teeth twice a day to prevent gum disease.
- Be sure to clean all parts of your mouth, including between teeth and along the gum line.
- Brush gently and use a soft bristled electric toothbrush. This will help prevent overaggressive brushing and protect your enamel from being worn away.
- Avoid acidic foods and drinks.
- Use a toothpaste designed to help protect your teeth against sensitivity.